Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Nu-nee

Nick and I had a good time at the Billy concert last night. It is always so good to hear Mr. Corgan sing. I wished that I knew his new album better. Nick was able to get us wristband for good seats due to the ever growing baby James. There wasn't a bad place in the theater. It was a tiny place which made it up close and personal. There was standing room only on the floor and seating in the balcony. Thank goodness I didn't have to stand through it all! There were two opening acts so Billy didn't go on until 10:45. The whole thing started at 9pm. Nick really liked one of the opening bands. I thought they were dorks. Billy's new band mates were strange to say to least. They reminded me of the Nu-Nee's from the Saturday Night Live sketch. The chick drove me nuts. It made me miss the Pumpkins all the more.....The two highlights of the night were that James was there and came on stage to play a song with Billy. Billy introduced him as Jimmy from the former and future Smashing Pumpkins.( he either said former and future or former and present. Nick and I couldn't remember which was said) It gives hope to the reuniting of the band though. My favorite part was the last song of the night when Billy broke into U2's line "One more in the name of love" over and over again to close the show out. Pretty sweet. It was so good to have a night out together. We had an awesome dinner before the show and enjoyed being in L.A. for it has been a long time. I still want to see Wicked though. :)

No comments: